Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Backyard Harvest -- Book Review



Normally I have a problem with picture gardening books. These books are pretty to look at but are lacking substance. Not so with Dorling Kindersley Backyard Harvest by Jo Whittingham. This book is so beautiful it inspires you to grow and try other varieties you have never grown. Many varieties in this book are those I would strongly recommend as well as some I am not familiar with. I like this as an old gardener, it encourages me to try something new. The recipes are simple, practical but this is not a cookbook, it focuses on growing and harvesting. This is a good book to add to my library to inspire and use as a reference. In Canada with our wide range of environments some gardeners may have to adjust their procedures accordingly.
--
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment