- Invasive Weeds
Saturday, April 12, 2014
- Cheyenne Spirit
- Christmas Rose
- Amber Gem
- Cotton Candy
- Amethyst Gem
- Onyx Odyssey
- Sparkling Diamond
- Siberian Iris
- Dance & Sing
- Contrast in Styles
- Cherry Cheesecake
- Midnight Marvel
- Pineapple Lily
- Aloha Leia
- Sparkling Burgundy
- Tugela Gem
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Wow! When I bought this book I didn't know the controversy that swirled around it. I was just pleased that America's Test Kitchen had published a gluten free cookbook. I have loved the other America's Test Kitchen cookbooks as they are recipes that I know will work.
I started to read the preface, & this is how it reads "Let me start with the sad truth. The vast majority of gluten-free recipes either do not work or the results are so second-rate that you would be hard-pressed to eat them. Muffins are gritty and crumbly. Cookies spread all over the baking sheet. Cakes are dense, gummy, and overly sweet. Pizza crusts are cracker-like. And, in general, baked goods are greasy." Wow! what a way to start the tone of the book. My family was diagnosed just under 2 years ago & since that time we have had some rather tasty gluten free baking as well as meals. Yes, I have had failures as well but that is all part and parcel of gluten free baking, you are learning to bake all over again. I have found you cannot just substitute gluten free flour for regular flour. I also have some great gluten free books in my cookbook library that I have used regularly & these books were published before this one.
I will be trying some of these recipes to see how they work out. I have perused the ingredients of some recipes and may have to go to the US to get those ingredients. Thankfully I live close to the US border - Wegmans here I come! Bruce has been eyeing the Pumpkin Pie & for DD#2 it is the Deep-Dish Apple Pie, she doesn't like pumpkin pie. I have not found a gluten free pie that likes me so we will see how these ones go. It is the pastry that gets me.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
On-air phone calls will not be available at the moment but you can email your gardening questions to firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject line: "CFBU or gardening question" as well as posting your question to the Open-Line Garden Show facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheOpenLineGardenShow or tweet Bruce, @openlinegarden to have all your gardening questions answered on the air. Please give me your location, exposure, soil type, along with the name of the plant or the garden problem you need resolved.
Please Share with all your gardening friends!
Saturday, March 29, 2014
Saturday, March 22, 2014
- Acer pseudoplatanus 'Tunpetti'
- Regal Petticoat maple
- Betula platyphylla 'Jefpark'
- Parkland Pillar Asian white birch
- Buxus microphylla var. koreana 'Eseles'
- Wedding Ring boxwood
- Clematis 'Sweet Summer Love'
- 'Sweet Summer Love' clematis
- Hydrangea 'Forever and Ever Pink'
- Hydrangea macrophylla 'Dancing Angel'
- Peppermint Swirl hydrangea
- Hydrangea macrophylla 'Horwack'
- Next Generation Pistachio hydrangea
- Hydrangea macrophylla 'Horheart
- Edgy Hearts hydrangeas
- Hydrangea macrophylla 'PIIHM-II'
- Endless Summer Bloomstruck hydrangea
- Hydrangea paniculata 'SMHPFL'
- Fire Light hydrangea
- Hydrangea quercifolia 'Ruby Slippers'
- Ruby Slippers oak leaf hydrangea
- Magnolia stellata 'Centennial Blush'
- First Editions Centennial Blush star magnolia
Extra Woody Shrubs
- Hypericum Red Snicker and White Giggle
- Peppermint Perk hypericum mix
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Rensun'
- First Editions Strawberry Sundae hydrangea
- Physocarpus opulifolius 'Podaras 3'
- Lemon Candy ninebark
- Physocarpus opulifolius 'SMPOTW'
- Tiny wine ninebark
- Daphne x burkwoodii 'Lunar Eclipse'
- Lunar Eclipse daphne
- Potentilla fruticosa 'Setting Sun'
- Cutie Pie Pink cinequefoil
- Quercus x jackiana 'Jefmir'
- Admiration hybrid oak
- Salix sachalinensis 'Golden Sunshine'
- 'Golden Sunshine' willow
- Weigela 'Bokrafour'
- Flamingo Pink weigela
- Virburnum trilobum 'J.N. Select'
- Redwing American cranberry virburnum