Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Herb Gardening From the Ground Up -- Book Review



If you want your own Tex-Mex potpourri, fish & game herb garden then this book does it for you.  The Herb Gardening From the Ground Up by Sal Gilbertie and Larry Sheehan will do much more as well.  For example my favourite is the Cake and Cookie Garden.  Sal Gilbertie and Larry Sheehan have put together, a simple but exquisite book on herbs.  This book has no colour pictures it is simply chock full of good facts that are often illustrated with pin and ink diagrams.
There is a small section in the Herb Gardening from the Ground Up that is a must read.  It is called "Four Facts of Herb Life" -- Read it and you will see why.  These two gentlemen also cover container herb gardens which my wife and I have done for years but on a much smaller scale. I would like to try their two-tier herb garden.  They also have a dyer's garden which I know will appeal to my wife and her dehydrator.  If you are into storing herbs, the section on harvesting and storing the 15 basic herbs is for you.  I can just seem my wife's potage garden expanding after she sees this book from Ten Speed Press

No comments:

Post a Comment