Monday, September 16, 2013

Canning Palooza - Part 2

I ordered a bushel of 'Marianna' tomatoes from Domio Farm on Seventh Avenue in St. Catharines.   They called me to tell me that the tomatoes were ready.  I picked them up, now I had to can them.  Bruce & Zebrina went to work & Calluna and I set out to can the bushel of tomatoes.  It took us 3 hours to crush the tomatoes--Note to self, look into getting an electric tomato machine. 

Still have 3/4 of a bushel to go!
Crushing the tomatoes
Sneaking a break!
By the time I was finished I had extremely sore feet--Note to self, wear your good runners! I had canned 27 - 500 ml jars of tomato sauce & 1 1L size.  I wanted to see if the 1 L size would fit in my canner & how it went.  It was great.  Need to do more 1L jars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment